If you need your employees to sign documents, they can do this digitally through HR-ON Staff with a handwritten signature. This is called an electronic signature.
Wat do we mean by an electronic signature? - This is the same idea as when you sign for a package, using your finger or a stylus to write your name on the screen of a phone, tablet or similar device.
In this article we will introduce this feature and explain how it works.
- Go into the Employees tab and click on the employee who needs to sign something.
- Then click on Documents.
- Select the document or documents that need to be signed by the employee by clicking the check boxes on the left side of the documents.
- Click on With selected at the bottom of the screen and then click on Send for electronic signature.
- The electronic signature can be used for different types of documents:
- A document which already exists on an employee's profile
- A new document you add/upload
- A new document generated from the system
- A pop-up window will appear. Under Signatories there is a field saying Select employees. You can choose to add other employees as signatories, if necessary.
- If you have selected multiple signatories, and they should sign in a particular order, you can click Notify users according to the specified order. Then you can also reorder the employees.
- You can also change the order in which documents are sent for signature, if you have multiple documents to be signed by the same people.
- You can also see and edit the email which will be sent to signatories.
- When you are happy with everything, click on Send and close.
- The employees will then receive an email containing a link where they can sign the document(s). The employees can open the document(s) and sign using their mobile phone, tablet, or other devise.
- In order to get into the document and sign, the employees will need to log in using a pin code which they will receive by SMS.
- The employees are then able to sign the document and click on Confirm and close.
- Once the employees have signed the document, you can open the document again and see the signatures.