The next in getting starting with HR-ON Recruit is focused on the overview of applications and candidates that you receive for a job posting.
Click on the Applications tab at the top, and then you will see an overview of your current job postings.
Then, click on one of the job postings to go in and see the overview of applicants for that job.
- You can see the date when each candidate applied
- You can see their name and the documents their have sent in with their application (this is shown by the small icons under the name)
- The next column shows the status of each candidate in the application process, for example, application received, invited for 1st interview, rejected, etc. You can choose a status from the drop-down menu and you can also create and modify the status options in Settings.
- There is also the possibility to give each candidate a score or star rating. Each member of the recruitment board can give their own score to every candidate and you can see everyone's scores here in the overview of candidates.
- The last column, all the way on the right, gives some Actions. You can click on the envelope icon to respond to a candidate, or on the bin icon to delete/archive a candidate.
- At the bottom of the page, there are also a number of options
If you click on a candidate, you can see an overview of that candidate and their application.
- On the Profile tab, you can see the candidate's information given on the application form, as well as their responses to the questions on the application form.
- You can also see the Documents the candidate sent in with their application on the next tab.
- You can leave an evaluation in the Notes tab
- In the Correspondence tab you can see all emails and correspondence between the company and this candidate.
- You can also see the Consent given by this candidate, and ask for new consent if needed.
If you want to send a response to a candidate, as mentioned above, you can click on the envelope icon in the Actions column. Alternatively, you can check the box on the left next to one or multiple candidates and then click on Send Reply at the bottom of the page.
A pop up window with them appear and you can write the subject and message for the email. You can also choose from one of the email templates. You can create and modify email templates in the Settings.
So, you could for example select the 'Interview Request' template, and then a message with automatically appear in the message box. You can modify this if necessary. Note that there are a number of variables used to ensure the email is personalised to each candidate (e.g. Name, job posting, etc.). These variables take the data from the candidate's profile/application in the system.
Depending on the response you want to send, there are different options on the pop-up window.
At the bottom of the pop-up window you can see that when you send the response the candidate's status is automatically changed.
Another useful option you have from the overview of applicants page, is to select multiple applicants and generate a pdf document with the required information. This can be useful, for example, if you want to print out the information on the top 5 candidates to discuss in a meeting, or if you have a number of applicants coming for interviews and you prefer not to have the laptop in the interview, etc.
- To do this, check the box next to the required candidates and then click on Generte pdf or Generate Excel at the bottom of the page.
On the overview of applicants page, it is possible to filter the applicants based on various criteria from the application form. This is especially useful when you have a large number of applicants.
- Click on the blue filter button in the top, right corner of the applicant overview page
- Then a pop-up window will appear with the various options/criteria you can use to filter candidates. These criteria come from the information and questions asked on the application form. Check the box to add a column to the overview of applicants page.
- For example, if we add the column Level of education, then we will be able to filter and sort the candidates based on their level of education given on the application form. To filter, click on the small filter icon at the top of the column and select one of the options, here I have selected to only see applicants with a Masters degree:
Hopefully this article has helped you get started with using the overview of applicants page, and learn about how you can manage, filter and keep track of candidates throughout the recruitment process.