In this article, we show you how to create a document for an employee using document templates, as well as how to submit the document for signature.
How to create a document for an employee:
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click into an employee’s profile and then go to the Documents tab.
- Click on Generate Document.
- Now you can choose one of the document templates that you have previously created.
- Once you have selected a template, the employee's data will automatically be filled in, for the variables used in the template. If the template is not filled in with the employee's information, it may be because the desired data is not filled in on the employee's profile.
- Some templates also contain variables that must either be filled in or enabled / disabled. These are called conditional variables.
- When the document is ready, you have three options:
- Add to documents (typically used if the document does not require a signature)
- Send for digital signature (recipients sign with NemId - or equivalent)
- Send for handwritten signature (the document is sent out with an app where the recipient can sign directly in the app - if available in your location)
How to send a document for digital signature:
- Click on Send for digital signature
- Under Signatories you can select who - in addition to the employee - needs to sign the document.
- Here you can also activate the button Use custom order for signatories. When enabled, the top signatory on the list will receive the document first. The next signatory will only receive the document once the first signatory has signed the document. You can change the order of signatories by dragging the arrow next to their name.
- You can also add a signatory who does not exist in your system by selecting Add external signatory.
- On the Recipients tab, you can select who will receive the signed document. Recipients do not have to sign the document.
- In the Finalise tab, you can see and edit the email which is sent out with the document.
How to send a document for handwritten signature:
- Click on Send for handwritten signature
- Here you can select signatories and also choose the order in which the signatories should receive the document. For the order to take effect, you must activate Notify users in the specified order.
- In the Type field, select either System or Appbuilder.
- If you select System, the document will be sent to the signatory's email address.
- If you select Appbuilder, the signatory will receive an app with the document. The app is usually used when you have additional information for the signatory.
- When Appbuilder is selected, the Select Appbuilder field will appear. Here you can choose from the apps which have the option of handwritten signature.
- Press Save when done.
- You will see a new pop up window showing the content of the email used to send out the document. You can edit the email content here.
- Finish by clicking on Send.