Visual overview of your organisation & department types
In HR-ON Staff you can easily get an overview of the company's structure. In this video guide, we show you how to set up the visual overview of the organization and define department types.
To see the organization chart:
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Then, click on the icon showing an organization diagram, which looks like this: You will find this icon in the top left corner, under the word ‘Employees’.
- You can now see a visual overview of your organization.
- When creating a department, you are given the option to choose whether the department should have a sub-department. This will be shown here in the overview of the organization.
Creating and assigning divisions:
In the video, we show an example of a visual overview of an organization, in which we have also created department types. Divisions allow you to categorize the departments with different colours.
- To colour sort, click on the Settings tab, and then click on Departments.
- Now click on the Divisions tab. Here you can change the colours of each department, which will be used in the visual overview of the organization.
- To add a new division, click on Add new division.
- Then you must give the division a name and a colour.
- To categorize a department into one of the department types, click on the three dots next to the department to edit it. Here you will find the field Division, where a drop-down list will appear with your created divisions.
- After selecting the desired division, you can return to the visual overview of the organization and see that the department has changed colour.