Setting up employee profiles
One of the first things you need to consider when implementing HR-ON Staff is which data you want on your employee profiles.
In the settings you can decide which fields and therefore which data are needed when you create a new employee.
In this video we guide you through how to set up the employee data cards. Below the video you will find a written guide.
Go to Settings > Employee data card setup
Edit tabs in the top menu
- To make changes to the top menu of employee cards, click on Edit Tabs on the right. Here you can edit the name of each tab by clicking on the text. You can also add new tabs by clicking on ‘Add tab’.
- You can change the order of the tabs in the menu. Use the arrows icon on the left to drag a tab up or down.
- You can also change the colours of the tabs in the top menu by clicking on the colour icon on the right.
Edit boxes in a tab
- Within each tab there are boxes, or categories of fields. You can change the names of the categories by clicking on the pencil icon.
- To create a new category, click the plus icon at the bottom under one of the existing boxes.
- You can move the boxes around using the arrows icon.
- You can also edit each field by clicking on the three dots. You can decide if the field is sensitive, or if it is required information.
Create a new field
- On the right you have Uncategorized Fields. If you click on the plus icon, you can create a new field for data entry.
- You can decide some details for each field. For example, who should have rights to see it, and whether it is a required field or not.
- If you choose to make a field sensitive, the people who have the right to see that field will need to activate the field to make it visible. That way, there will be a log showing who has seen the information. A sensitive field could be, for example, salary.
- To edit a field that has already been created, you can select the three dots on the right of the field box.
- If you want to make the field active, drag it into one of the boxes/categories. The field will now appear in the employee's profile. You can edit the employee's data directly on their profile.
Want to know more? You may also find this article useful: Create a new employee in HR-ON Staff.